Please know protocols can be updated as policies and guidelines are changing periodically.
Update to Face Covering Requirements – 4-29-2021
Based on the recent announcement regarding the wearing of face coverings at outdoor events, the following guidelines will be in place for Freeport United Soccer Club events. Please know that these recommendations fully align with Soccer Maine and the DHHS Maine Community Sport Guidelines that have been recently updated.
- Players do not have to wear face coverings during outdoor practices and competitions.
- At their discretion, individual players, coaches, and officials may wear face coverings during practices and/or competitions if they choose.
- Spectators are not required to wear face coverings at soccer events if they are able to maintain 6 feet of distancing. At their discretion, spectators may wear face coverings if they choose.
- Face coverings are REQUIRED to be worn by players, coaches and officials when 6 feet of physical distance is hard to maintain. These include but are not limited to:
- When going inside buildings and restrooms.
- During team meetings, half time team gatherings, and post game team gatherings.
- On the sideline during game play.